We're excited to announce that we'll be teaming up with Marmot, the outdoor apparel, equipment, and sporting goods company, to launch a nationwide road tour and grassroots pint night series this fall 2016.
Dubbed the Fall In Love With The Outside Road Tour, the pint night series will include over 25 in-store events held at top speciality outfitters across the country. Accompanying the in-store events, we will also be launching a digital Road Tour microsite that highlights the selected tour route, a photo gallery from the road, ongoing tent pitching contest results, and an insider’s guide to every national park in America.
The tour will run from early September through late November. Each retail event will include live music, craft beer, tent pitching contests, outdoor trivia, a photo booth, and conversations about where and how to best experience the Great Outdoors.
A suggested $5 donation at the door will help raise money for local conservation groups of the selected retailer’s choosing. In exchange attendees will receive a pint Ball® jar and craft beer from Lagunitas Brewing Company as well as the chance to win great outdoor gear and apparel from Marmot.
“This road tour offers a great opportunity to celebrate the outdoors, connect with local communities, and discover new, fun ways to stay active and fall in love with the outside,” says RootsRated Creative Director Jake Wheeler.
While on the road, Marmot and our RootsRated Road Tour team hope to spark meaningful conversations about the many joys, health benefits, and recreational opportunities associated with getting outside, no matter what the capacity. Whether it’s the backcountry or the backyard, we're excited to simply celebrate the outdoor life, all while raising money to help maintain local trails and crags for future generations and celebrating retailers that have functioned as town centers for decades.
We invite everyone to join us this fall by finding an event near you and by visiting the Road Tour website for the most up-to-date schedule information. Final tour stops and schedule will be announced next week.
The Marmot + RootsRated Fall In Love with the Outside Road Tour is already set to visit the following outdoor retailer locations, with more coming soon:
- 9/10 - New York, NY - Paragon Sports
- 9/13 - Greenwich, CT - Marmot
- 9/17 - Denver, CO - Marmot
- 9/21 - St. Louis, MO - Alpine Shop
- 9/23 - Fayetteville, AR - Pack Rat Outdoor Center
- 9/29 - Fort Collins, CO - Jax Mercantile
- 10/4 - Steamboat Springs, CO - Marmot
- 10/6 - Aspen, CO - Marmot
- 10/11 - Park City, UT - Marmot
- 10/14 - Billings, MT - The Base Camp
- 10/18 - Winthrop, WA - Cascades Outdoor Store
- 10/25 - San Francisco, CA - Sports Basement
- 10/26 - San Francisco, CA - Marmot
- 10/28 - Tucson, AZ - Summit Hut
- 11/3 - Fort Worth TX - Backwoods
- 11/5 - New Orleans, LA - Masseys Outdoor Center
- 11/8 - Orlando, FL - Travel Country Outfitters
- 11/10 - Knoxville, TN - River Sports Outfitters
- 11/11 - Chattanooga, TN - Rock/Creek
- 11/12 - Louisville, KY - Quest Outdoors
- 11/17 - Birmingham, AL - Alabama Outdoors
- 11/19 - Asheville, NC - Diamond Brand Outdoors
- 11/26 - Nashville, TN - Rock/Creek
Originally written for RootsRated Media.